[RndTbl] OS X tips

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:18:30 CST 2009

On 2009-12-17, at 5:16 PM, Brian Doob wrote:

> I use Apple GarageBand extensively, and it is *very* good. I think I'd call it "category leading", but it's a little tricky to define its category. It's a highlight of iLife for anyone who does audio editing, post-production sound mixing or computer music creation.

	10.4 seemed to have a full version. I haven't checked out 10.6. I thought it and iPhoto were separate from iLife.

	At one point when I was younger, I was in the "not too bad" category of amateur musicians. I tried GarageBand myself for a few weeks. From what I saw I formed a generally favourable opinion of the program. Of course after all this time my skills as a musician are no longer there and GarageBand wouldn't be able to fix a disaster no matter how good a program it is. ;-)

> 			-Brian

				Later
				Mike