[RndTbl] auto fill in web forms

Loren Card loren.card at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 22:49:22 CST 2009

Hi Dan,

I've done this in C# using 'WatiN' <http://watin.sourceforge.net> and also
in Python using 'pywinauto' <http://pywinauto.openqa.org> and PAMIE <
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pamie>. The WatiN page also references a
project for ruby called Watir <http://wtr.rubyforge.org> but I have not used
it.

I haven't done this kind of thing from a Mac.

Watir works on Mac, but like I said, I have not tried it. That would be my
first approach if I were working from a Mac.

One thing which helps alot is a Firefox plugin called 'Firebug' <
http://www.getfirebug.com>. It can help you quickly navigae javascript and
identify elements of interest in page source. (There's also a devloper
toolbar for IE which fills a similar need, but I haven't seen anything for
Safari...)

Happy hacking!

-Loren