[RndTbl] Routing questions

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 16 19:00:21 CDT 2009

Hi Mike,

What you want to do goes way beyond what most low end routers are
designed to do. As you suggest the rules are applied to traffic coming
into the WAN port and not local traffic. Your proposal also is not just
IP routing but is also URL routing(i.e more like a proxy).

The port 80 redirect is available in the mods to the Linksys router via
firmware replacement(an exmaple is openwrt.org)

-- Bill