[RndTbl] non-deletable directory but writable inside the directory

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 09:22:23 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm updating my public machine image with Ubuntu 8.04
I would like for the Desktop directory in the users home directory to be
non-deletable but still allow the user to download files to that folder (the
files in the Desktop folder get deleted on a reboot).
Right now my work around is a script in the runtime directory that deletes
all of the files in the Desktop directory and then recreates and chowns it
(in case it's been deleted).
Assigning the directory the immutable bit stops it from being deleted but
also doesn't allow the user to write in that folder. :(

I tried all the google results I could find, but couldn't find a working
solution.
Any suggestions?

--
-Montana