[RndTbl] auto-IP

Dan Martin ummar143 at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 19 23:12:02 CST 2009

Thanks Glen!

I don't know what exactly happens with the Internet Sharing - but I
turned it on, and the command line scanning program is finally able to
see the device and report an IP address for it.

I guess this enables the airport base station to assign act as a DHCP
server and assign an address to a connected device?  Does internet
sharing set up a bridge between devices connected to the Mac by other
ethernet ports, and the airport base?  In any case, that single change
has enabled detection of the device.

-Dan