[RndTbl] Learning a little about /etc/hosts

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Sat Aug 7 16:49:54 CDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Mike Pfaiffer <high.res.mike at gmail.com>wrote:

>        That's already included in Firefox isn't it? Then I already have
> that
> running. Unfortunately Firefox doesn't always block up popups. It will
> get about 80% of them but the additional 20% can be just as annoying.
> Then there are the banner ads too. The increase in speed by blocking
> just a few of their servers is noticeable.

I don't know what kind of sites you visit, but I don't get many popups these
days. Now that my day job involves Internet marketing, I'm actually
interested to see how people monetize their sites and what's being
advertised out there, so I don't use any ad blocking.

Sean

--
Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/