[RndTbl] CIRA never forgets.

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Wed Dec 8 13:20:16 CST 2010

I'm not sure I'm understanding your situation completely, but if you
have a name server in the same domain, you can't just edit the zone.
You have to change the name servers at the registrar. The registrar
then pushes it up to CIRA which pushes this down to it's name servers.

On the other hand, if you are just talking about the IPs that are
displayed in a 'whois' lookup, I don't believe those are not
significant. They are typically cached when the name server records
are created and are informational only. Actual DNS resolution relies
on resolving the name server by name in real-time, not the IP is in
the whois record.

--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca