[RndTbl] CIRA never forgets.

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Dec 24 16:36:08 CST 2010

On 2010-12-08 Sean Cody wrote:
> Example:
> 	tfh.ca
>
> 	Whois shows up with DNS1 hostname empty and DNS2 with an old
> IP and DNS3 is correct.

Hmm, very strange.  Shouldn't those entries in the "Name servers:"
section just come from the NS settings you setup with your registrar?
If you setup new NS entries with your registrar, do you just enter IP's
(no hostnames)?  If so, then the reverse-DNS should dictate what
hostname shows up in the whois.

I (my company) is a OpenSRS/Tucows reseller so if you get really stuck I
could go to bat for you to get this solved if you wanted to xfer your
domain to me as the registrar/reseller.  I know OpenSRS is very good
about these sorts of things.  In my experience with their interface it's
simply a matter of punching in new IPs for your NS's (and deleting old
ones).

Very strange, but my whois appears to lack IP's completely (just
hostnames)!!

But John is right, the whois doesn't really matter to anyone, right?