[RndTbl] Debian doesn't see all RAM in a VM

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Tue Feb 2 00:29:23 CST 2010

Good idea, but that doesn't fly in an ESX VM.  I think the default emulation is of an S3-type PCI video card, and video memory is allocated from the host and presented discontiguously to the guest - just like a real S3 card.
I don't think ESXi (this is v3 or v3.1, right???) supports memory "ballooning", or that could have explained it.
Hmm.  Eagerly awaiting more details...