[RndTbl] new phone passes 250dpi mark

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri Feb 26 10:22:19 CST 2010

On 2010-Feb-26 08:49, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> The Nokia 770 had an 800x400 display as well, but it was 4.13" diagonally.

I thought the N-series were a little under 150dpi, but my calculations
actually indicate it was just over 200dpi (216dpi if the screen was 2:1
with square pixels; that's probably close but not quite right) - which
is quite a bit higher than I had thought.  Good catch.  The jump from
216dpi to 252dpi isn't all that big.

The Nokias also run Linux, and, of some practical importance, are
actually available in Canada.  I believe some of our members own
N-series units of varying vintages.

-Adam