[RndTbl] trying to set up ssh at home

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Sat Jan 23 22:09:51 CST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 09:02:50PM -0600, Rob Guderian wrote:
> The best way to see if the router is blocking traffic (which it would
> only do to traffic coming in from an external ip)--

I always ssh to some remote machine, and then try to ssh back again to
make sure that the router is set up properly etc. and that I can get to
my home machine from a remote IP. If you don't have access to a remote
machine for this there are sites that offer shell access with ssh for a
one time $1 donation, or perhaps MUUG offers shell access to its
members?

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman