[RndTbl] high-power 802.11g router recommendations?

Sean Cody sean at tinfoilhat.ca
Fri Jul 2 12:22:00 CDT 2010

I reccomend (yeah not in production but if you can find one it is worth it):
	WRT54-G FTW!  Love it.

I have a D-LINK 825... CRAP, or my ducting is killing N singles (using 5dbi aftermarket antennas, better than the 3dbi it came with but not much)

I used to use and use for great mischief a Soekris NET4501 (re-branded and modded for wifi by FireTide) + 200mW compact PCI ralink + 5 dbi TNC antennas running OpenBSD.

The NetGear WDR series is getting some good reviews... smallnetbuilder.com isn't terrible and their charts are pretty good.

On 2010-07-02, at 12:01 PM, Adam Thompson wrote:

> Looking for recommendations for a wireless router than has better-than-usual range.
>
> I’ve used the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 with good results, but they’re basically impossible to find locally.
>
> I’ve also now experienced the D-Link DIR-825’s pathetic range, not sure I want to trust D-Link’s RangeBooster line without first-hand recommendations.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> -Adam

Sean