[RndTbl] D-Link DIR-825 dual-band 802.11N 5xGigE runs DD-WRT, for around $150

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 15:11:05 CDT 2010

On 10-06-13 02:51 PM, athompso at athompso.net wrote:

> Further to my comments at the last meeting, I was pleasantly surprised
> when I bought a D-Link DIR-825 and discovered it can run DD-WRT.

	I have an older model (DIR-655 - You've seen it). I think it's about
two or three units older than yours. Does the new version of the
alternate firmware you mentioned support this model?

	My original purpose was to learn about wireless technology. The thing
is it mostly just works under Linux and OS X. Now the ever shifting goal
is to connect various game (and other) servers to it and see what I can
do in that area.

	Just for a smile... I had it connected to an OS X web server for a
couple of months last year. ONLY that server and no internet access.
Nobody bothered accessing the web server. Although I did have a script
kiddie try to hack the router to enable (non-existent) internet access.
They never managed to get past the router password. Apparently this had
been going on for the better part of three months. Kind of amusing to
think they couldn't get through an open router with out of the box
security in all that time. ;-)

				Later
				Mike