[RndTbl] RAID controller trouble

Robert Dyck rbdyck2 at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 14 04:39:40 CDT 2010

I have a client having trouble with her RAID controller. She reports that
she keeps getting an error on boot that her raid set is out of
synchronization. It takes close to an hour just to boot when this happens.
When I've looked at it the problem did not occur, but this can happen with
intermittent problems. I ran hard drive diagnostics, CPU, motherboard, RAM,
and everything works fine. I have a hard drive controller diagnostic from
Seagate, but it isn't designed for RAID. Her motherboard is an Asus K8V, I
think it's K8V-MX, she has 2 SATA hard drives mirrored, and she runs Windows
XP. I have mentioned that she may have to replace her motherboard, but I
don't want to tell her she has to do this unless I can confirm it is
necessary. If she replaced the motherboard and the problem continues, I
would hear about it!

Thanks,
Rob Dyck