[RndTbl] Bo-Keep 1.0 launch party

Mark Jenkins mark at parit.ca
Thu Nov 4 14:54:01 CDT 2010

MUUG members are invited to attend ParIT's launch party for Bo-Keep 1.0
on Sunday November 14 at noon.

Location: 91 Albert Street, 3rd floor (Rudolph Rocker Cultural Centre)
[Please note that the third floor is only reachable by stairs.]

Free Catered Food will be available.

Bo-Keep is a platform that support custom entry interfaces for specific
tasks to ease book keeping. "Bo-Keep helps you keep your books so you
don't get lost". It integrates with GnuCash, which I gave a presentation
on at MUUG a few years ago.

Not only are we calling this our 1.0 milestone, but it will be the first
release that we will actively promote as a public free software project.

This makes me wonder, do MUUG members remember the last time (if ever?)
a Winnipeg company did a public launch and celebration for software that
runs on unix platform? Probably even less likely was there ever being a
public launch of a new FLOSS package in Winnipeg?

Happy hacking,

Mark Jenkins
Member
ParIT Worker Co-op