[RndTbl] rural internet access

Ian itschaotic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:36:51 CST 2010

On 19 November 2010 15:02, Jeff Funk <funk.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Ian <itschaotic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>> What's the best value in rural service?  I'm just north of the US border,
>> 14 miles, off highway #59.  There is wifi service all around me, but not
>> "to" me without at least a 60' tower.  I'm looking at
>> Explornet satellite service and really don't like their contract.  Are there
>> smarter options?
>> Ian
>>

> Too bad there isn't 3G service in that area, otherwise that might have been
> an option with a rockethub or something.  I know WiBand has a tower in
> Tolstoi at the park - no line of sight, or too far away from that?
>
> --jeff

There is a wiband tower in Greenridge too which is 5.8 mile as the crow
flies.  By the time it's all said and done though, that appears to be about
a $3000 project for the privilege of paying their billing every month.  That
seems unreasonable.

Or does someone have an "in" with a free standing 60' - 80' tower and
installation info. that might make the project more reasonable?