[RndTbl] Tangent: Re: RTFM brainstorm.

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:54:28 CDT 2010

On 10-09-28 08:42 AM, Kevin McGregor wrote:
> I like the idea, and I'd definitely attend and participate! I'm not sure how
> much fun it would be for some of the fuddy-duddies in the group, though. ;-)
>   Mind you, if the game(s) have an "observer" mode (BZflag is one that has
> this), we could throw that on the projector and make it more of a show.

	If someone knows of a game in addition to BZflag with an observer mode
maybe we could make a list. This brings up an interesting point... Will
IBM let us use their network if a lot of people bring in their machines
and start playing games?

	It occurs to me we could also have an educational component to the
"game night". The first item is how to set up multi-player games
directly in Linux/Mac/BSD/whatever. The second could be how to do the
same with virtual machines. Going from the specific to the general, one
could extend these techniques to a more generic connection of networking
software.

> Kevin

				Later
				Mike