[RndTbl] Computational usage

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri Aug 12 23:16:34 CDT 2011

I'm confused: are you cracking Wifi keys or eggs?  ...'cause I'm pretty
sure it's possible to cook eggs at 100degC.  Not to mention male
genitalia - already happened to some poor guy in Europe a few years ago.
If you run this on battery, the discharging battery will add to the heat
load, thus throttling the CPU faster, thus extending the battery charge.
Hmm, that almost sounds like a perpetual-motion machine.

This brings up the question of why you're trying to crack your neighbour's
wireless security, anyway.  Other than just an excuse to exercise the
thermal-protection circuitry in your new laptop :-).

-Adam Thompson
 athompso at athompso.net
 (204) 291-7950 - direct
 (204) 489-6515 - fax