[RndTbl] Mutt

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Dec 17 15:03:03 CST 2011

On 2011-12-05 Sean Cody wrote:
> Anyone here use it and wouldn't mind the imposition of demo'ing it?
>
> Having used pine for well at least a decade the Maildir patch is
> largely umzaintained since I updated/maintained it back in 4.3.
>
> I keep hearing mutt is better and I'd like to see why and I'm sure
> others on this list would too.

Mutt is great, I use it all the time.  I mix both mutt and claws-mail
in my daily use.

The best thing I could offer is probably my ~/.mutt/muttrc:

set folder="~/Maildir"
set abort_unmodified=no
set editor="/bin/nano -z -t --fill=74"
set from="you at yourdomain.ca"
set record="=.Sent"
set date_format="%Y%m%d %H:%M:%S"
set index_format="%4C %Z %{%y%m%d} %-30.30t %-15.15L (%?l?%4l&%4c?) %4H
%s" ignore *
unignore Date: From: To: Subject: X-Spambayes-Classification:
hdr_order Date To From Subject X-Spambayes-Classification
color header red        default Date:
color header white      default To:
color header yellow     default From:
color header cyan       default Subject:
color header green      default X-Spambayes-Classification:
spam "X-Spambayes-Classification: spam; ([0-9.]+)" "%1"

Mutt's keys are almost the same as pine so there's not too much to
learn.  And it's infinitely customizable, as you can see from the
*_format's above.