[RndTbl] Solaris 10 newbie question

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:55:43 CST 2011

I installed Solaris 10 x86 in a virtual machine (VMware Workstation). Now I
want to add a second, 8 GB, hard drive to the VM. I added the "hardware",
and now I'm at the point where I've got the disk formatted and partitioned,
or almost. My question is about "slices". I'm using UFS, and I just want to
create a filesystem for my own use. So which slice (0-9) should I use for
that? I'm guessing probably not 0-2, but would any of the rest be
preferable? I intend to use the whole disk for one filesystem.

Kevin