[RndTbl] Follow up to the stability question I asked at the last meeting

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 18:10:34 CST 2011

	The person who suggested the power supply was the problem was partially
correct. The thing finally stopped letting the machine boot. I had it
replaced today. FYI, one of the 12v lines was putting out 1v under load
(thanks go to RD and his bag of many tools for pointing this out). The
guys at Itech (friends from the old days) said they pulled it out and
tested it too and said there wasn't much left to it.

	It looks like things are almost back to normal. Well at least as normal
as you can get in half an hour and a week and a half turned off... Alas
it does appear there is bloat creeping into our applications. The system
monitor (over a couple of minutes) showed one processor spiking at 100%
usage. Then again I have four user space programs open at once (three
active and one waiting for input).

				Later
				Mike