[RndTbl] Winnipeg Harvest donations from December meeting - thank you!

athompso at muug.mb.ca athompso at muug.mb.ca
Wed Jan 5 20:07:57 CST 2011

Thanks to the generosity of our members, we were able to donate three large boxes’ worth of non-perishable food items to Winnipeg Harvest in December 2010.

The text of the thank-you letter we just received (see attached) is as follows:

January 5, 2011

Manitoba UNIX User Group

Attn:  Adam Thompson

Dear Friends of Harvest,

We here at Winnipeg Harvest want to thank the Manitoba UNIX User Group for your support of helping those less fortunate in our community.  Over the last few months 743 pounds of food was donated to the food bank.

Your donations will go into hampers that will help Winnipeg Harvest feed more than 58,000 people each month, half of those being children.  On behalf of the entire team at Winnipeg Harvest, thank you for helping us fight hunger and feed hope in Manitoba.

We look forward to working with you again in the future. If I can ever be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me by phone at 982-3670 or by email at tori at winnipegharvest.org.

Yours truly,

Tori Webber

Development Associate

Winnipeg Harvest Inc.

So, thanks again.  See you all in another six (6) days, at our next meeting on January 11th, 2011.

-Adam Thompson

athompso at muug.mb.ca