[RndTbl] HP MicroServer

Sean Cody sean at tinfoilhat.ca
Thu Jul 14 13:27:52 CDT 2011

Anyone have any experience with these?  Kinda seem too good to be true.
Looking for a small appliance (low power, no/low hassle) like replacement for my Dlink DNS-323.
The 323 is great but I need more disk and better performance (currently 12-15MB/s on Gig-E,jumbo frames).

An HP MicroServer with 4x2TB in 2xRAID-1 (and booting FreeNAS from a decent USB stick) seems
like it might fit the bill.

Comments, recommendations?

I'll still use the 323 (i have lots of junk on it and the UPnP/DNLA, iTunes server etc work great) but some
bulkier storage to hold ISOs of all my DVDs are why I'm heading down this road.

--
Sean (mobile)
P.S. The Patriot Box and the WD-Live HD will play ISOs of DVDs _WITH_ menus.