[RndTbl] Partitioning in Linux

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri Jun 10 13:43:22 CDT 2011

I’ve taken to making my life as simple as possible:

/dev/sda1 = swap

/dev/sda2 = root (including everything else)

No LVM, no RAID (assuming HW RAID or VM instead).

I haven’t run into a system that can’t boot off a large root partition in quite some time, and I don’t have any systems running root FS types that aren’t bootable, either.

The fewer things I have to remember about how a system is configured, the better, from my perspective.

-Adam