[RndTbl] RHEL.

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jun 10 16:15:44 CDT 2011

On 2011-06-10 16:05, Sean Cody wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance but is there a nice legal way (that doesn't eat
> my allowance) to obtain RHEL for use in training?

Not sure if the academic licenses would cover that, unless you're
registered as a student.

> I know CentOS is 'mostly compatible' but the mostly part gives me
> pause. I need to get up to speed on WebSphere and DB2 whose
> free/express versions support RHEL specifically.

I think either CentOS or Scientific Linux would be compatible enough for
those purposes.  They're supposed to be kernel version and library
version compatible.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/