[RndTbl] Summer Reading (ie. books I mentioned in passing).

Sean Cody sean at tinfoilhat.ca
Tue Jun 14 22:47:04 CDT 2011

Daemon by Daniel Suarez (author is IMHO the Neil Stephenson of the 20[0,1]?'s, 4.1 out of 5 on the Sean-o-meter)

Freedom by Daniel Suarez (sequel to above, not an awesome ending but fun)

Zero Day by Mark Russinovich (I _really_ respect this guy's technical creds and he's a decent fiction author as well, 3.8 out of 5 on the Sean-o-meter).

A couple more 'cyber punk'/'hacker' novels I like...:
	Permutation City by Greg Egan (3.9 out of 5 on the Sean-o-meter)
	Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan (if you are sensitive or turned off by vulgarity don't read this... 4.3 out of 5 on the Sean-o-meter, it is the first of a trilogy but stands well on it's own)

I hope you've gotten at least something from my talk today and at the very least maybe a suggestion for some casual reading.

Have a great summer everyone.

As for 'license' of my slides... I don't care... I _personally_ find the concept of licensing digital assets pretentious and ignorant.  It would be nice to know if you are using the material or a credit would be nice but I realize that a license doesn't imply people will honour it so I'm happy as it is.  Go nuts.  If I wasn't... I wouldn't have made it available.

--
Sean
P.S. If you are on goodreads send me a note.