[RndTbl] Speech recognition

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 15 14:28:32 CDT 2011

For what it's worth, here's David Pogue's review of Dragon Dictate for
the Mac from last fall:

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/23/finally-professional-dictation-software-for-the-mac/

I don't have any direct experience with it or any other speech
recognition software for that matter.  But in David Pogue's reviews, he
claims nothing else comes close to Dragon's software for accuracy.
Unfortunately, that would seem to include any free software, so if
you're looking for something free/open-source, this won't be much help.

Gilles

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/