[RndTbl] vsftp not connecting

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 22 13:55:39 CDT 2011

Yeah, something sounds out of whack here.  pam_shells should work
correctly when your login shell IS in /etc/shells, and fail when it's
not.  Is there something in /etc/shells that's throwing it off, like a
funny character or something?  Is /etc/shells world-readable?  (It is on
my RHEL 5.5 clone (SL 5.5).)  Maybe try putting the pam_shells.so line
right after the pam_listfile.so line, as RHEL does, before the includes.

BTW, you did mean /etc/pam.d/vsftpd, not /etc/vsftpd.conf, where you
removed the pam_shells.so line, right?

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/