[RndTbl] Missing disk device

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Tue May 3 11:32:20 CDT 2011

I have a HP ProLiant DL360 G4p with a HP RAID card. The RAID card is
connected to an external drive bay with 14 identical SCSI drives. With the
RAID card I configured 7 mirrored pairs, which I then striped in software
RAID (just messing around).

The problem is I had the array working just fine, then after a reboot there
was a problem with one of the drives (bay 2), so I replaced it (hot swap).
Previously, that pair had been mirrored, so swapping the drive just started
remirroring. The array should continue to work fine. But I can't mount it!
The problem seems to be that a file under /dev/cciss is missing. I have:
/dev/cciss/c1d0
/dev/cciss/c1d0p1
/dev/cciss/c1d1
/dev/cciss/c1d1p1
/dev/cciss/c1d2
/dev/cciss/c1d2p1
/dev/cciss/c1d3
/dev/cciss/c1d3p1
/dev/cciss/c1d4
/dev/cciss/c1d4p1
/dev/cciss/c1d5
/dev/cciss/c1d5p1
/dev/cciss/c1d6

...but no /dev/cciss/c1d6p1! I don't know where it went. The disk is okay,
and I can run fdisk and see the partition, which also seems fine. How do I
re-create "c1d6p1"? There's a symlink I created to it: /dev/block/105:97. Do
I use MAKEDEV? The information in ".blkid.tab" seems correct, as far as I
can tell (which isn't far).

Please help!

Thanks,
Kevin