[RndTbl] RAID5 rebuild performance

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri May 20 16:47:27 CDT 2011

On 2011-05-20 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, where would you get HP 300 GB 15K RPM
> "universal hot swap" drives from, and what do they cost these days? I
> see on eBay one listing for US$350/drive.

Adam is right, you can get pretty much any SCSI drive as long as it's
the correct connector (ie: SCA vs 68-pin).  I can order in many
different brands/models if you ever want some pricing.

I actually just bought another 15krpm 68-pin for my main box and was
surprised how cheap SCSI has become (compared to 5 years ago).

I've been quite happy with Fujitsu SCSI drives over the last 10 years,
even though I've learned to loathe their IDE stuff.  They usually are
the cheapest, too.