[RndTbl] Fedora 15/16 network device naming

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 14 15:52:38 CST 2011

At last week's MUUG meeting, during the round-table discussion, I
mentioned some of the feature and problems I had encountered with Fedora
16.  A couple people mentioned the fact that network device naming had
changed.

Here's more about that in the Fedora 15 release notes, including
suggested workarounds and a way to disable the feature entirely:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_for_Desktop_Users.html#sect-RelNotes-Networking

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/