[RndTbl] UNIX command transcript with canned input, echoed in output?

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Fri Nov 25 22:59:45 CST 2011

On 11/25/2011 09:22 PM, Sean Cody wrote:

> Making expect scripts is not very difficult.  It is what I used when I took non-imperative for just this purpose though with clisp and prolog interpreters.

The python script worked but didn't need any stupid modifications.

Unfortunately stdin appeared at the beginning of the output in one
chunk, and again each time the interpreter read from stdin, because, of
course, it doesn't wait for the prompt.

expect is easy enough, though not as easy as cut & pasting a script from
python's doc site, and then not testing it at all :-)

Peter