[RndTbl] Shaw Broadband 50

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 8 11:21:39 CDT 2011

On 08/10/11 10:23, Kevin McGregor wrote:
> Also, the SMC's wired-only mode, I was told, disabled all gigabit switch ports
> except port 1. It seems a bit odd to me. Can you test that, Bill?

I was told the same thing which I thought was odd. I am currently using two
ports and not even plugged into port 1.

> Another thing I noticed is my router's external interface's IP address is now
> 192.168.0.10. I guess Shaw is now into NAT in a big way. Kind of a bummer.

No, my two addresses are in the 24.77.28.0 subnet.

Are you sure you are reading this correctly. The default network for the LAN
side for the SMC router is 192.168.0.0 so it is unlikely that Shaw would use the
same network on the cable side.  They would not pick a private network that is
so commonly used by routers.

-- Bill