[RndTbl] X11 - LOL

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Thu Oct 13 10:17:30 CDT 2011

On 2011-10-13 02:29, Sean Cody wrote:
> Gah! I think I'm somehow both...
>
> On 2011-10-12, at 11:07 PM, Adam Thompson wrote:
>
>> http://xkcd.com/963/
>>
>> If you have no idea what this means, you're either way too old or way
>> too young...
>>
>> -Adam

Ah, you young whipper-snappers don't know how good you had it with
xorg.conf.  I remember hand-editing ModeLines in XFree86.conf...  And
that was an improvement over the old days, where you had to edit the
Xserver source code!...

I vaguely remember hearing/reading a quote from the late Steve Jobs, way
back when NeXT was a new company, where he referred to the X Window
system as "incredibly ornate and baroque". I think he gave it way too
much credit.  ;P

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/