[RndTbl] X11 - LOL

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Oct 13 11:32:40 CDT 2011

> 	XFree.conf... HAH! I remember hand editing the termcaps and
> printcaps files. THOSE were an improvement from what I gather.

N00b.  I'm the *author* of (I think) six terminfo/termcap entries, at
least two of which still ship with ncurses.  :-D

(My DEC VT220, VT320 & VT420 entries were more complete, less buggy, and
faster than the official DEC versions, because apparently no-one on the
ULTRIX team ever bothered to read the !@#$%^&* reference manual for those
terminals.  The official versions remain in place, however, because they
were, well, official.)

OTOH, I never had to do printcaps.

-Adam