[RndTbl] Revision control

Sean Cody sean at tinfoilhat.ca
Fri Sep 30 10:13:32 CDT 2011

I've used SVN for things like this in the past.

I have one SVN repo on a server.  Access was done via authorized_keys and forced command to load svnserve (and force a user/blame).

Deployment was managed via a post-commit hook which simply just ran svn update in the document root of the web app.  This of course requires some discipline given you shouldn't commit broken code. :)

If you want truly distributed management then I would suggest git since it was built for offline work/activities.  I've not had the occasion to use it so I can't comment on how good it is as SVN has always been good-enough for my purposes.

--
Sean (mobile)