[RndTbl] burn-in software

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Apr 27 15:43:53 CDT 2012

I've been having problems lately with vendors selling me shoddy H67 boards
which freeze/crash/reboot.

I'd like to start "burning-in" all boards I receive for 24+ hours to weed
out the bad ones right away.

What's the best software for doing this?  Preferably free (or cheap).
Ideally it would hammer the CPU (get it nice and hot) and on-CPU GPU (some
3D work).  I don't really need to hammer the drives (wouldn't want to with
SSD's anyhow!).

It would be great if I could have both a live-CD bootable burn-in program
and a Windows-installable one.

I suppose in Windows any benchmark program that also tests video would be
ok if it could be put on repeat mode.  But most Windows programs that I
know about are for-pay; but worse than that, for-pay per seat (and I may
need to burn-in 100's of boards).

Any ideas?  Thanks!