No subject

Tue Feb 7 15:42:43 CST 2012

networking over power lines was ratified in September 2010.

Linksys has a device (plek400) for about $100. What I can't seem to
find out is what the maximum theoretical distance the signal can
travel?

I have a situation where I'd like to get a network drop into a
building that is 400m away. I've toyed with the idea of a home-brew
Wifi point-to-point system but it's still relatively expensive to buy
two Buffalo radios plus external antennas etc. and even then it would
be on the outside of the range for that type of solution.

The building is defiantly on the same power "system" so can the
network-over-power devices reach 400m ?

John