[RndTbl] Bizarre netfilter behaviour

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Sat Jan 21 13:11:25 CST 2012

They were stuck. I flushed all the rules and set the policies to
ACCEPT and still contrack was tracking connections and that IP was
getting blocked somehow.

I suspect unloading the netfilter contrack modules would have resolved
it but I wasn't willing to do that until off hours and since I had to
wait until off hours I just rebooted to be on the safe side and the
problem went away and has not returned.

I'll probably never know exactly what went wrong but I definitely will
be more careful in the future when removing rules.

John