[RndTbl] "toaster" neutrality ...

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:42:22 CDT 2012

On 12-09-12 11:12 AM, Robert Dyck wrote:
> Shaw trottles any Bit Torrent connections. If you establish anything
> with Bit Torrent, your entire connection is dramatically slowed. And
> they had completely blocked MTS webmail. Conversely MTS had blocked Shaw
> webmail. Both have removed that block, but this demonstrates someone has
> to be vigilant. The article also describes a labour dispute with Bell
> Canada, where they completely blocked any web information they could
> find supporting the labour side of that dispute. All the big carriers
> hate small carrier competition, they will do everything they can to
> sabotage performance of these small carriers. They want usage based
> billing, despite the fact they already charge more for faster
> connections. Internet connections are paid for to be used, so faster
> connections are supposed to download more content, customers are already
> paying for it. Charging extra for usage is double billing. But Bell
> wants to charge a premium for Netflix, or any competitor for their paid
> content service. Reducing performance or charging extra for competitors
> is anti-competitive business practice. All the major carriers are
> engaging in them. We need to be vigilant, and we need clear laws that
> make that sort of thing illegal.
> Rob Dyck

	Hey Rob. Here are a few videos from last year about UBB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3n466POrIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3YadNWarV0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve4bQO3S9X8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aadw_YSCS6Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmOAyFC_We4&feature=related

	We talked a lot about this last night. Anyhow... See you on Friday.

				Later
				Mike