[RndTbl] Load-balancing / dual-WAN / multi-WAN routers or other solutions

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Apr 2 01:50:06 CDT 2013

On 2013-03-31 Robert Keizer wrote:
> Keep in mind that turning off rp filter means that packets which
> match an IP for any interface will be accepted on all.

Is that what it does?  I just remember multihome just would not work at
all until I set rp to 0.

Also, I've found in my tests that the packets always come back to the
correct modem.  I've never seen any randomness; packets coming back
into the wrong modem.

I have no idea how iptables/netfilter and/or the kernel even would react
to such packets if they did exist.

Either way, if it's not a security issue and if it all works as-is, I'm
not too concerned :-)