[RndTbl] Here's the December 2013 MUUG Newsletter

athompso at athompso.net athompso at athompso.net
Tue Dec 3 16:25:04 CST 2013

Actually, yes, we receive a fair bit of mail.  Less now, of course.
Also, not all of us are quite as eager to boldly plunge into the future as you as are.  I prefer to think of it as supporting Canada Post ;-).
And, IIRC, some of those numbers are for two years not one.
As for postage, the numbers add up... #members * 10 * (paper + ink + envelopes + folding/stuffing + postage) equals a surprisingly large number.  And we've only done  electronic delivery this year, so we expect that cost to go down next year.
Some of us - possibly many, considering how many people haven't already opted out of the paper newsletter - prefer quite strongly to read things on dead trees... And please remember how long we've been doing this.  Like UNIX itself, we don't change the way we do things just for the sake of change.  (Although obviously Lennart doesn't share this philosophy... *cough* systems *cough*)

-Adam