[RndTbl] Off-topic: Convert a video signal

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:17:08 CST 2013

You kill me! Google Atari 800. It has a thin cable coming out the back
which is RF combined audio/video (mono, I think) with an RCA end on it, not
F-Type threaded coax. I'm not making this up.

On the other hand, there is a "monitor" port on the side of the computer
which is female DIN5 with (I've read) chroma, luma, composite, audio (mono)
and ground pins. One could probably build an adapter cable for either
composite out or S-Video out. One reference I found suggested that chroma
isn't actually available on this model.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Robert Dyck <rbdyck2 at shaw.ca> wrote:

> --- Kevin McGregor wrote:
> > I have an old computer (still working!) which provides only a RCA coax
> A/V output. Is there a single device which could convert this in one
> step to separate RCA video/left/right out? I have a setup that works,
> but it's a little complicated.
> That doesn't quite make sense. If your computer puts out a TV signal, it
> should be an F-Type threaded connector for a cable TV coax cable. That
> would require a tuner. The standard connector for composite video is an
> RCA jack. It should have only video, audio left, or audio right. In
> other words, composite video would already be the 3 separate RCA jacks
> you want.
> Rob Dyck
> _______________________________________________
> Roundtable mailing list
> Roundtable at muug.mb.ca
> http://www.muug.mb.ca/mailman/listinfo/roundtable
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.muug.mb.ca/pipermail/roundtable/attachments/20130101/63012b8f/attachment.html>

More information about the Roundtable mailing list