[RndTbl] Off-topic: Convert a video signal

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 19:39:26 CST 2013

Yeah, I went from the RCA RF output to a switchbox to F-Type, into my VCR,
out to composite/left/right, into my amp, the video out to my projector.

I don't think I have a DIN5 connector keyboard around I could
cannibalize. These are available on eBay:


On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Robert Dyck <rbdyck2 at shaw.ca> wrote:

> --- Kevin McGregor
> > It has a thin cable coming out the back which is RF combined
> audio/video (mono, I think) with an RCA end on it, not F-Type threaded
> coax. I'm not making this up.
> That still means you need a tuner. Demodulate the RF, and separate
> composite video from audio.
> > On the other hand, there is a "monitor" port on the side of the
> computer which is female DIN5 with (I've read) chroma, luma, composite,
> audio (mono) and ground pins. One could probably build an adapter cable
> for either composite out or S-Video out. One reference I found suggested
> that chroma isn't actually available on this model.
> That sounds easiest. If you already have composite, audio, and ground
> pins on a single connector, just wire new connectors. Considering the
> age, my guess is the DIN5 connector is the same an old keyboard
> connector, the large round DIN plug. Just cut off the plug, and wire in
> RCA jacks.
> Rob Dyck
> _______________________________________________
> Roundtable mailing list
> Roundtable at muug.mb.ca
> http://www.muug.mb.ca/mailman/listinfo/roundtable
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.muug.mb.ca/pipermail/roundtable/attachments/20130101/c43ace64/attachment.html>

More information about the Roundtable mailing list