[RndTbl] [*] My Shaw Broadband 50 turned into Dial-up; morph into VoIP discussion

Justin Davidow justin at xens.net
Fri Jan 4 21:08:59 CST 2013

Extensive VOIP use?

I manage about 200 endpoints across about 15 servers here in Manitoba, we
use Les extensively here in Winnipeg, though we have a few customers using
Broadconnect.

Les put together a wonderful ping/jitter measure tool that tracks per call
for his customers, (on the CDR page if your looking for it!). Together with
Zabbix monitoring service availability, we find 99 of the issues that pop
up tend to be QOS rather than ISP issues.

If I can be of any assistance to anyone who might have questions about
asterisk, sip, or anything, please feel free to ask!!

Justin Davidow