[RndTbl] Re-use Vonage SIP ATA's for general SIP use

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Mon Jan 7 18:33:44 CST 2013

First of all, do I understand correctly that Vonage VoIP uses SIP and that
the ATA's they supply are "locked" SIP devices?  And that Vonage will not
divulge its SIP details?  (Probably to avoid loads of support calls from
consumer-type customers who should never be directly exposed to SIP
configuration.)

If yes, then my real question is:  Can I re-use/unlock any or all of my
Vonage D-Link VTA-VC, Vonage D-Link VTA-CV, and Vonage V-Portal VDV21-VD
"orange-stripe" ATA's for generic SIP?  Will they still work with Vonage
too, and/or will they re-lock in that case?

Hartmut Sager