[RndTbl] UPS batteries

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed Jan 30 08:04:46 CST 2013

On 2013-01-11 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> Where's a good place to get replacement UPS batteries? I need 1 or 2
> 12V 9Ah batteries. Is there any place open on the weekend that sells
> these?

I've gone through a lot of UPS batteries for myself and customers, and
I've bought a lot at Battery Man et al and a lot of APC branded ones
I get through distribution.  I can unequivocally say that the APC ones
are worth the extra money (usually 20-30% more).  The local ones never
last more than 2-ish years and the APC ones usually last 3-4, in the
exact same UPS unit in the same location (heat, etc)!

BTW, heat is the #1 killer of batteries, so keep your UPS cool!  The
SmartUPS units with fans (and smart charging) are the best.