[RndTbl] snail mail spam ...

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Mar 22 11:13:44 CDT 2013

On a similar vein, have any of you been receiving e-mails from an
organization called "The Strategic Council", asking you to complete a
survey they claim to be on behalf of CIRA?  The strategiccouncil.com is
registered to someone in Toronto, but the survey is on researchnow.com
which is registered in the UK.  CIRA makes no mention of this survey on
its web site, so the e-mail looks quite dodgy to me.  I've gotten two of
these so far and I've just ignored them.

Gilles

On 03/21/2013 08:11 PM, Bill Reid wrote:
> I see that CIRA is very concerned about DRoC.
>
> Here are some references:
> http://www.itbusiness.ca/news/alleged-domain-slammers-lose-dot-ca-licence-sue-cira-10-million/15404
>

> http://www.itworldcanada.com/news/cira-investigating-dot-ca-phishing-scammers/145964
>

> Here is a good summary of the past few years:
> http://www.yummymummyclub.ca/blogs/eileen-fisher-gigamom/20121128/scam-alert-domain-registry-of-canada
>

> -- Bill
>

> On 20/03/13 23:42, Hartmut W Sager wrote:
>> And CIRA, where are you when we need you? Can't DRoC be deregistered
>> for ".ca"
>> at least, due to unethical practises?

Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/
Dept. Physiology, U. of Manitoba  Winnipeg, MB  R3E 0J9  (Canada)