[RndTbl] Load-balancing / dual-WAN / multi-WAN routers or other solutions

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 07:10:45 CDT 2013

On 13-03-29 05:41 AM, Hartmut W Sager wrote:
<cut>
> I'm also somewhat interested in hearing about other related solutions
> (like a separate computer with multiple NIC's for multi-WAN, and special
> Linux, acting as a router)if no suitable router exists (or if such a
> router costs too much).  Hmmm, Raspberry Pi just has one network port,
> right?
>
> Hartmut Sager

	I haven't investigated it but I think IPCop might be a good solution
here. This would be more the reverse of what was the intended purpose
but it should work. An older computer should suffice in terms of
hardware. Although if you pick up one at Syrotech, the RER store in
Selkirk, or anywhere else (I only know of the two places selling them)
there may be an issue with bad capacitors. At the Lab we have seen about
a 25% replacement rate because of them. Mostly in the Dell 270 and 280
lines. OTOH, when the machines do work they work really well.

				Later
				Mike