[RndTbl] IBM "clicky" keyboards

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Sat Sep 14 22:49:35 CDT 2013

Extremely interesting!  This posting really clicked with me.

When I'm not on a laptop, my desktop keyboard is still the famous
Maxiswitch 101 / Tucson 101 with the rubber dome keyswitches, which I've
been using since 2006-2007 (yes, even the same unit - it lasts forever -
and I got two spares back then which I still have NIB).  It is totally
silent (which I prefer), but has a clear-cut rollover effect that's not too
far off the IBM clicky keyboard.  This model did become the standard in
many typing rooms in industry over the years of its availability.

An honourable mention also goes to Keytronic, and I have two NIB units of
their superb KB2000 model, which has characteristics very similar to the
Maxiswitch 101.

Frankly, I have no idea how secretaries and receptionists can be productive
using today's crappy keyboards.

Hartmut Sager